ART OF MASSAGE

The science and  art of Massage Therapy

About Doug Powell

Doug Powell, LMT, is a licensed massage therapist in the state of Florida offering Swedish, deep tissue, sports and therapeutic massage therapy. He is a graduate of the Orlando Institute of Massage Therapy where he finished his studies at the top of his class. He has practiced professional massage therapy in Orlando since 1996 and is a member of the Massage Network and International Massage Association. If you suffer from chronic muscle tension, pain or persistent stress, discover how my professional services can help you! Get Well and Stay Well My goal as a natural health care practitioner is to encourage the body and mind to regain and maintain their normal function. Indeed, when you create health, dis-ease disappears. As you help the body regain it’s normal function, many health problems resolve naturally. Some of the conditions I have successfully worked with include: low back pain joint pain neck and shoulder pain chronic low energy/weakness stress overload Is This Work Right for You? People come to me for a variety of reasons. For many, a weekly massage serves as an antidote to stress or as a recuperative phase of their fitness program. Others are looking for help with chronic pain or injuries. The services I offer are tailored to meet your needs whether you are ill, in tip-top shape, or somewhere in between. The goal is to increase your wellness: your vitality, your ease of movement, the function of your body, and your peace of mind.
This entry was posted in ART OF MASSAGE. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to ART OF MASSAGE

1. Doug Powell says:

Get Well and Stay Well
    low back pain
    joint pain
    neck and shoulder pain
    chronic low energy/weakness
    stress overload

2. Doug Powell says:

Available today and accepting new clients as usual. Don’t let the rain keep you from enjoying a private massage at my studio in Winter Park. Text me at 407-325-8866 and let’s get something set up. Have you ever considered getting a 2 or even 3 hour massage? If you lack sleep because of stress, This will definitly encourage a better nights sleep.

3. TERRY says:

“He is just what his ad says he is. Very professional, he was able to see me immediately and he really gives a top rate massage. I have actually seen him twice now but won’t go anywhere else. I called him to my home the first time and he showed up on time with his table and he made me feel completely at ease. I have neck problems and he was able to provide more pain relief than prescriptions, physical therapy and pain management have given me so far. It’s a bonus that massage is cheaper and much more enjoyable. Also, he’s not so hard on the eyes ; ) My second visit was at his office in Winter Park. It’s a convenient location, very clean and professional. Overall, Doug provides first class service and is worth every penny. I highly recommend his services.”

4. Doug Powell says:

Backpage.com is an excellent online classified site where most categories are free to post. Backpage.com partners with newspapers, alternative Weekly Papers and other publications in print and online nation-wide. Backpage.com is user-friendly and has state-of-the-art technology tools in place to fight spam. Founded in 2004, Backpage.com has grown to be a major online classified site.
    Craigslist has topped the charts when it comes to online classifieds advertising. It is no surprise that the website is still on top in this category. Backpage.com is on the fast track to one day surpass Craigslist as the top online classifieds network.

Craigslist’s most loyal advertisers are moving over in favor of the up and coming online classifieds network, Backpage.com

These days it seems that Craigslist is nothing but a hassle for sellers and marketers. If you post an ad which has a fair amount of competition, chances are your ad is going to be flagged and removed for absolutely no reason whatsoever. If you do manage to get your ad to stick for any length of time, don’t be surprised if it gets ignored.
    Give Backpage.com a shot. You might be surprised just how much traffic you receive hassle free!

5. Doug Powell says:

Massage is a relaxing positive experience. Arrive a few minutes early to enjoy the maximum benefits your massage. Don’t eat a big meal right before you get there.

If you don’t want to remove all your clothing, that’s just fine. Wear what is comfortable for you.

During the massage session, don’t be afraid to Speak up if amount of pressure, speed of movement, room temperature, music volume, or lighting needs adjustment.

If you like to talk during a massage session, that is fine.

Try not to tighten up during the massage.

Drink plenty of water after a massage.

The benefits of massage increase over time. The effects are cumulative and the more often a person gets a massage, the sooner the results are realized. If you are getting massage to address chronic muscular tension or recovery from injury, more than one session is usually needed, so consider scheduling several sessions.

Backpage.com

6. vaporizers says:

Hi Doug, your deep tissue massage is amazing!